Fuzzy Unicode characters since upgraded to 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jashmid, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Jashmid macrumors regular

I've been getting fuzzy unicode characters ever since I upgraded to 4.1. 4.0.2 was fine.

This happens both in apps and on home screen. Normal text looks crisp as before. I've also tried multiple unicode apps to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Any idea what's going on? Am I the only one experiencing this? :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p.s. We're talking iPhone 4, factory unlocked. Default keyboard is English UK.

2. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

OK. Just checked with a friend and he also confirmed the issue on his iPhone 4. I did a factory reset and tried again before installing any apps. Dingbat and some foreign fonts (e.g. Greek) still look fuzzy in folder names (copy/paste via iTunes) and web pages. They're ok while being typed. But fuzzy when saved or published on a web page. I could not reproduce this is text or email.

Anybody else experiencing this? Seems like an os issue as it's not just limited to 3rd party apps.

3. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

Confirmed on the third iPhone 4. All three factory unlocked. UK keyboard.

Anyone else getting this? I actually reset my phone and manually installed everything again. Took me nearly three hours and am now back to where I started again! :mad:

4. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

Errm, so nobody cares to reply yet? :confused:

I have 4 out of 4 people confirming this problem (excluding myself, obviously!).