fuzzy white line through MBP display

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alexmaculator, Jul 20, 2010.

1. alexmaculator macrumors newbie

Hi all. Been lurking here for months, but since I have a problem now, I decided I'd register and see if you guys can help me out. I actually don't know how long I've had this problem, as I just sort of noticed it one day (it's not all that readily apparent). The title of this thread basically says it all. There's a "fuzzy," thin white(ish)/translucent band that stretches horizontally across my 15'' glossy MacBook Pro display (purchased in early 2010, so I guess it's considered a mid 2009 model), about an inch up from the bottom of the bezel. It's only super noticeable on top of relatively neutral colors. I'm quite certain that it's a hardware issue, as it doesn't appear in screenshots. I've attached a photograph to this thread so you can see it for yourself.. the band I'm talking about is just above the mouse pointer (and clearly my dock is hidden so you can see it easier). If there are any hardware savvy people here, I'd be most appreciative if you could clue me in to the exact nature of the problem, and whether or not you think I could fix it myself... I think my basic 1 year warranty is still good, but I haven't decided if the problem is worth living without my mac for a few days (or weeks? this is my first apple computer, so I don't know how long repairs typically take).

Thanks for any insight!

Attached Files:

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Take it to Apple, they'll take your unit in and replace the display.