Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gijski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
With now 2.1 on my iphone I decided to once again structure all applications and spread them over several sub-homescreens.

While dragging them around and having done the majority, suddenly I couldn't scroll back to the home screen (or even one screen left/right). Pressing the home-button didn't help either. When pressing the on/off button the iPhone showed the normal 'slide to power off' thingy, but the iphone didn't respond to any touching of the screen. Also the 'cancel' button didn't react.

I ended up pressing the home & on/off buttons simultanously. After what seemed a very long boot sequence (I started to feel a bit uncomfortable being aware of the white apple logo screen of death), I'm back in my iphone and all seems to be working again. I finished moving the apps around without any problems...

pfew

solipsism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
It's still a bug, even if it's not user-reproducible. I've had that happen to me in v2.0.2. I took the same measures as you did you resolve it so I don't know if the device would have eventually fixed itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.