FWIW: iPhone 4 reception issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ColReb22, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ColReb22 macrumors member

I finally noticed the issue on mine, and I wouldn't care but the reception I get in my room was already hit or miss so I called apple tech support. The 2nd level guy I ended up talking to said he was having the same issue and that he just couldn't believe it was a hardware problem after the extensive testing it went through, mind you that's only his opinion. Of course he said the higher-ups were feverishly working on a software fix because of the issues and the bad PR they have caused.

I asked him about the case fix bc my AT&T store is out and doesn't know when new ones are coming in and AT&T is the only retailer within an hour of where I live that sells cases. Just to clarify, I never asked nor implied I wanted a free bumper but he told me that some people have reported that bumpers fixed the problem, and that is also the semi-official Apple line, but he said they don't actually work that well and what has gotten the best results was turning 3G off, especially if you're around wifi and don't need it.

Now I haven't tried the bumpers and they seem to have helped some on here so I have no idea if it's true or not, just thought I'd pass it along. I have a case number and emails to back up that I actually talked to an Apple rep, so I'm not just getting on here to spread false crap.

Overall though I think this is a great phone and the bad pub alone should guarantee this issue is fixed pretty fast.

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

"Newbie News" alert No. 98. It's official. MR has been invaded by Newbies with the 411 on Apple.:rolleyes:

3. phearx macrumors regular

Was that even necessary? What are you like five years old? You've only been on MR for a year, so stop acting like you're someone who has been here since the beginning.

4. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Hey Newbie. ;)

5. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

you have been here like 3 days?

6. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

FWIW: this could've easily been added as a reply to any of the many related threads. Just sayin'

BUT, in your defense, i will add that just because someone only joined MR at a certain time doesn't mean they haven't been a long time lurker. I've been visiting this site for the better part of a decade and only "joined" just last year. Still, the point is that it's still better you tack your experience onto an existing thread where people will be less likely to ridicule for citing your thoughts as fact and for being a "newbie".

Also, FWIW, I'd recommend you not "guarantee" any future actions that Apple will take, which may or may not "fix" said issue. And I do mean this sincerely for your own good. :)

7. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Still, this is funny. Sort of... ;)

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey