FX Photo Studio Pro vs. Pixelmator

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by T3hPreacher, Sep 15, 2011.

1. T3hPreacher macrumors member

Hey all,

I've been looking at the MacUpdate Bundle, and one of the things that draws me is the inclusion of a photo editing app (FX Photo Studio Pro).

I'm wondering how it stacks up against Pixelmator. I'm not looking for a full-fledged photo editor, as I'm not a photographer, so I don't need Photoshop or anything like that. But I do some web design/make fliers, and I've wanted something that I can touch up photos with. It looks like Pixelmator will do a little more than simply adding filters. I'm not sure whether FX Photo Studio Pro will do the same. Any thoughts?

2. Alexarius macrumors newbie

Developer of FX Photo Studio PRO

Hey,
    I am one of the devs of FX Photo Studio PRO, so not going to go deep into details not to get banned. You can email @ atsepko[at]macphun[dot]com and I will try to give you as much details as possible.

Basically FX Photo Studio PRO gives you 172 photo presets that you can apply on your images with a click, plus you have access to editing tools, as sharpen, noise reduction, levels, etc. We didn't make the software to compete with PhotoShop or Pixelmator, there are dozens of thousands of people for whom those apps are complicated or who simply don't want to spend hours editing an image. FX Photo Studio PRO is for people like that:)

Very important. We will have a trial released with CNET (download.com) next week, so you'll be able to check the software before the purchase.

Cheers
    Alex

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

I think Alexarius pretty much nailed this. If you don't want the complexity of Pixelmator, Photo FX Pro is probably for you. If you want the best possible photos, and are willing to have to learn how to do it, and take time practicing with the software then Pixelmator is better suited for that.