FYI - 2.0.1 updates does NOT fix the no sound on incoming text problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hecklerdanny, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I just downloaded the update in the hopes that it would fix this issue...It didn't. After the install/reboot I had my normal sound when I got an incoming text message, but just like before, after a little while the sound stopped playing, and all it does now is vibrate when I get a text...This is annoying.....Still....

2. taran420 macrumors 6502a

maybe a defective phone????!!!!!

i get sound all the time, and the only time its vibrating is when its in silent mode

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed. No problems here with 2.0 or 2.0.1.

4. jableskg macrumors regular

I have yet to see if this problem got resolved.. It really is annoying not knowing when you get a text..

5. michael31986 macrumors 68040

mine isn't makin the noise, so its still messed up and its nto a defect in the phone. tons of people have it. there is a thread about it.. just look it up and some probably dont notice it.

6. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I get this problem too with my phone. I've dome the upgrade and it works periodically. I doubt it's the phone hardware. When I restart the phone it works fine.

7. michael31986 macrumors 68040

if it was phone hardware it would never work, not periodically thats software. cause my ringing always works jsut text alerts.

8. jableskg macrumors regular

I noticed it happens whenever my bluetooth headset is connected..

It also happens without it connected too..

Hmmmm

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

No problems on this end, but then again I've not experienced the problems described. Not to discount what everyone is saying, but there's 2.1 firmware floating out there in the hands of ADC folks, and that's about all I can say... Sorry to hear about "no-fix" update. :(

10. michael31986 macrumors 68040

it can't be hardware? cause it works on and off. i woudl think they would fix this by now. there is a thread of tons of peoople complaining about it.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Since the update tonight, I had a call go directly to voicemail. The first time this has ever happened in over a year. This was on my 3G phone. Maybe it was because the signal is weaker with 2.01, I'm not sure yet.

SMS sounds have been working.

12. michael31986 macrumors 68040

it's not that they never work it's just on and off

13. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I sort of have this problem, mainly when I reply to a friend, but leave the SMS app open on the conversation, it doesn't make a sound when they reply but vibrates. But when I reply back and then quit the SMS app the sound is back.

14. michael31986 macrumors 68040

^ that is normal because i believe it wouldn't make a sound if ur still in the sms message only if the phone is on the main screen or something

i can't believe this bug wasn't fixed like do they not read the complaints.

they fixed lag wow! there is more to fix. can i report a problem to apple or no?

15. rhyx macrumors 6502

Anyone know the steps to reproduce this?

The only time mine just vibrates is when I have it on silent mode. Otherwise it is always the chime noise.

16. michael31986 macrumors 68040

^ it happens randomly. mine works on and off, thats what makes me think its software.

17. o JRoD o macrumors member

o JRoD o

^ What he said. It is very random, and a reboot generally solves the problem temporally.