FYI: 6 Plus earpiece low sound

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Prissy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Prissy macrumors 6502

Apparently, there's a problem with the iPhone 6+'s earpiece. The volume is low, that I am almost having trouble to hear the speakers when I am talking to someone on the phone.

I've exchanged one iPhone 6+ that also had this problem, but the reason why I exchanged it was for some other defected reason. The new 6+ that I currently use also have the earpiece problem. Not sure if it's a hardware or software issue. :apple:

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

It's possible it might be due to the new wifi phone call feature. If they haven't set it up right, it will be muffled/broken/quiet and so on. If you're not on wifi, then it's clearly something else.

3. bad1550 macrumors regular

4. Jukoer3426 macrumors member

Noticed this on the iPhone 6 , full volume hard to hear.

5. chrise2 macrumors 6502

My wife and I are having the same problem on the 6 plus. I'm glad i'm not the only one. I did enable VoLTE. I wonder if that has something to do with it. I doubt it. When i use headphones, phone calls are fine. Volume is ok when its quiet, but walking down a city street was hard for me. When we were in the car, my wife had a hard time hearing whoever she was talking to on max volume. Then she blames me. Sorry honey, next time I design the iPhone, I'll do a better job.

6. Sacha2304 macrumors newbie

What carrier are you guys on? Also, it may be an ios 8 issue. Does anyone have a 5 or 5s on ios 8 that experienced a decrease in earpiece volume?

7. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

8. Chuckitall macrumors newbie

Issue seems to be getting a lot of notice

I have already exchanged my IP6 for a new one and am getting the same soft calls voices and voice mail is even worse very hard to understand. Apple needs to address this issue soon or they are going to be overwhelmed with returns. These companies seem to forget with actually make calls with these phones.

9. carlos916 macrumors regular

carlos916

when u guys say exchange do u mean for a whole new phone with box or a "service unit" just curious..

10. Spiedermensch macrumors newbie

Solution for most i hope

My father has been experiencing this issue since he received his phone last week.

Because My Father hasn't received his new 6 plus case yet, he was keeping the plastic protectors the unit was shipped with on.

I saw this solution in an apple forum.

We just tested it after removing the plastic and the sound is PERFECT!:cool:

Im glad for us at least it wasn't a hardware issue I'm on the wait list for mine and was dreading this issue.