FYI Amazon Mac Pro rebate via rebateshq.com

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by UK2TX2CA, Mar 8, 2008.

1. UK2TX2CA macrumors newbie

I recently bought a Mac Pro from Amazon which had a $150 rebate via rebateshq.com.

The instructions said:

Once you receive shipment of your order, you may redeem this rebate by
    reading the rules below and logging on to the following site:

www.rebateshq.com/amazon-rebates
    Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing
    $150 Rebate

Promo ID: 08-105642
    Valid Purchase Dates: 02/19/2008 to 03/11/2008
    Last Submission Date: 04/11/2008

so when it arrived I went to the site and attempted to submit my rebate.

Not a chance!

Your rebate is unavailable for submission at this time due to one or more of the following reasons:
    - Your order may not have been processed for shipping.
    - You may have entered an incorrect Amazon.com Order Number
    - The e-mail address entered does not match the address for the Amazon.com Order Number
    Please re-enter the information or return in 24 to 48 hours to submit your rebate

So I attempt to contact them...nada...so I threw an email to Amazon customer support who came back the next day with:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty in redeeming the rebate of $150.00 for which your order is eligible.

However, please understand that due to some technical errors you are unable to submit the rebate form.

Therefore, to correct this error, I have requested a refund of $150.00 towards the rebate amount to the payment method you used for your original purchase. This refund should go through within 2 to 3 business days. You should see it as a credit on your next statement.

FYI the rebate posted the same day, way to go Amazon!

2. 330toSRT8 macrumors member

That's good to hear. Probably a lot quicker than it would have taken for the rebate check. I try to order from Amazon.com whenever possible because of the free shipping and zero tax. They usually have the best prices anyway.

3. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Wow. That's really great of Amazon. This just gives me more reason to want to purchase a new computer from them. :)

4. UK2TX2CA thread starter macrumors newbie

I must admit that I was surprised that Amazon issued the refund, I had expected them to just put some pressure on rebateshq ( who I have to say do not have the best reputation in the rebate vendor market ).

As for my Mac Pro purchase, it was flawless...took two days for the free super saver shipping to deliver the boxes ( I bought a 23" ACD a day later and they combined the orders ) which while having no additional packaging were not damaged at all by UPS.