Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Just letting you all know in case you're having issues with these services.

@BreakingNews: Apple shuts down Apple ID, iCloud password reset system because of security flaw - @appleinsider http://t.co/W7lilWWJyy

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Interesting. I just spent about a half hour yesterday resetting my security questions (not password). At one point I "locked" my password out because I made too many attempts at trying my security questions. Interestingly enough I had used the "I Forgot" part early in the process so was able to use that to reset my security questions despite the fact that I was supposed to be "locked" out.

Bizzare!

Comment

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Interesting. I just spent about a half hour yesterday resetting my security questions (not password). At one point I "locked" my password out because I made too many attempts at trying my security questions. Interestingly enough I had used the "I Forgot" part early in the process so was able to use that to reset my security questions despite the fact that I was supposed to be "locked" out.

Bizzare!

Yea I had a similar experience too. I recently had some compromises with my personal data and so I was changing up all my passwords getting everything taken care of and ran into some weird issues with changing my Apple ID info. Then I saw this twitter notification saying apple had a security flaw in their system. With a modified URL, someone could change your password if they knew your email address and date of birth. Pretty crazy!

On a side note, because I was changing up my info and reading about this I discovered Apple now offers two-step verification. That's a long overdue, but very welcomed option. I am a huge fan of using 2 step verification whenever its offered so I'm glad to finally see Apple offer this.

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.