FYI - As of 6:30PM Tysons Apple Store....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chip NoVaMac, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

had no lines.. and was told "plenty" of all iPad 3G models. In fact was out the door with my 64GB model in under 15 minutes....

2. Macwick macrumors regular

Bought second to last one

I walked into the Tysons store around 9:15 pm tonight. They had 6 of the 32GB 3G iPads (no Wifi). I bought one, and by the time I was done paying they had only one left. So I'm guessing they sold out before closing :)

Also, they were out of the Apple cases. Hope they get more tomorrow because I really don't want to use the iPad naked.......and yes, I am crazy enough that I'm not opening the iPad until I get the case.

3. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

4. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks.... happy I went by after work when I did then :)

5. ctishue macrumors member

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I looked for you, Chip, as I was leaving the store at about 5:20 or so....figured you were hung up in traffic and finding parking. Glad you got your iPad!

Macwick, when they first reopened after being closed for an hour to prep and set up, they did have some Apple iPad cases in stock but I am sure those were snapped up very quickly. Since I have one already, bought on April 3rd, and since I have additional ways to protect and carry my iPad(s) I didn't need one tonight and figured that if I later on want a second one I can get it when there is more plentiful stock and less demand. It is a great little case!

Early on (I was number two in line) the 64 GB was in high demand, and out of the first six of us in line, four of us went with the 64 GB, one with the 32 GB and one with the 16 GB.

7. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Did not get off till 6PM :(

Thanks though....

Though will wait till mid-week to decide on the wifi vs the 3G before opening the 3G... but I think you know me well enough to know what I will do LOL

8. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

Aw...... I am guessing things just got really busy, especially in prep for this big weekend! Your boss is too nice to renege on a promise! :smile:

9. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

That she was... she told me as I left work not burn up my credit card LOL

Really thought that I was not going to have as easy of a time of it an hour and 15 minutes after launch...

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

No lines? Funny, considering how densely populated the area is and how Mclean is one of the wealthiest counties in the U.S.

11. Macwick macrumors regular

No - there were only 32GB 3G versions left.

Using my iPad now and loving it! Screen is great, no dead pixels or uneven backlighting (phew).

12. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

There WAS a line, maybe 100 - 130 people or so, but certainly nothing like the lines we had at the launch of the iPhone in 2007 and again in 2008. The difference? Undoubtedly many people preordered and had their new iPad(s) shipped to their home or office. This was a Friday afternoon, and I suspect that quite a few potential customers decided not to fight the rush hour traffic and instead take their chances on Saturday or even Sunday.

13. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Noticed it was a strange rush hour in the McLean/Tysons area as I left work just a mile west of the Tysons I Mall... no heavy traffic in either direction... had great hope at getting a 3G when I was able to park across from the stairwell that leads to the wing the Apple Store is in... and no lines and many Apple Store folks willing to help me... felt like day 2 of the iPhone 1G launch and went just as fast - save my playing with the iPhone 1G for 10 minutes before I decided to get one LOL

14. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thought it was strange here as well getting there after 6PM.... maybe lots of pre-orders?

15. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I was there at the same time!!! I was the guy with two young boys wearing Pittsburgh Steelers jerseys (in case you noticed them).

My wife wanted one after playing with my 3G which came via FedEx today. I was able to get the 64GB one for her. I was in there for about 15-20 minutes because I wanted the 3G activated for the drive home.

16. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

If anyone is still searching for one in the DC area, Annapolis would be a short drive from DC and the line was gone by 6:30 or so...it might be worth the call. When I picked mine up they said they had "tons" of 16s and 64s as that is what they expected to move and they did have some in 32 as well.

Cheers,