fyi - deal on 120 vertex2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by h00ligan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Newegg has them on sale. I'm not affiliated in any way.. but they are down to ~$174 after rebate.

2. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

3. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i wouldn't touch a vertex 2 - especially since the 32gb 25nm NAND flash models are awful,,, and despite they are giving free exchange for the 64GB die size 25nm flash - i'd personally wait for the vertex 3

i'm a regular on the ocz forums atm... and every1 there recommends waiting for the vertex 3

4. h00ligan, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

Except the vertex three is speculated at basically twice the price.. yikes.. so we may see price drops...perhaps, though these may be them.

I ordered one for my old sata 1 mbp - because it doesn't matter and it will be faster than what I have now.. and help me get another year out of it hopefully.

I will however run the toolkit, but given newegg was processing returns - I'd think they have sorted things out - since they will just end up taking it back anyway.

As far as them being awful,the actual real world difference I read was quite small.. imperceptible to some even. Anyway, I'd like to run the toolkit to see, can it be run on the drive using an external enclosure?

I dunno, in my case I just don't think it matters. Once can always wait.. i'd rather wait for another macbook rev and limp along with the vertex 2 I think.. though I do want to get the 32/25 version

5. Akme macrumors member

6. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

Interesting, thanks.. maybe I'll have to give it a miss then.

7. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.