FYI - July is Headphones Month at Amazon.com

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PecanEater, Jul 22, 2010.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

Looks like there are some good deals to be had. I just picked up a $160 pair of Ultimate Ears super.fi 5vi for $76. V-MODA Vibe II's going for $50. Take a look.

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Nice deals here! I've been in the market for some decent earphones for my Touch.

3. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Make sure you use the foam tips for those UE iem's. Infinitely better with those. Replacements can be ordered from complyfoam.com

4. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I'll give it a shot. Thanks

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

There are some really great deals going on. Picking is the hardest part I found a pretty good site for checking reviews www.Alatest.com I'm sure some know them. nice thing is they rate everything this is another good site it's a Audiophile forum tons of of great reviews www.head-fi.org hope it helps some.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Can anyone here suggest something there with volume controls as well? I wouldn't mind picking up a pair now that they're on sale.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

What's your price range I leaning towards the Klipsch S4I but there $100 and not on sale now. :(

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Been eyeing those myself lately.

9. hoonu macrumors regular

I too want these but I'm hesitant to plink down a Benjamin for them.

10. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Lord...$100 for EARBUDS? No thanks...I've stepped on them, sat on them, closed them in car doors...LOST them...

Plus, if I'm gonna drop a hundred bucks I might as well spend a bit more and get some really nice headphones that give me better sound than anything in-ear noise cancelling can do.

That's crazy! There's noway those things cost anywhere near that to produce. The markup must be over 4000%

11. BABankert macrumors newbie

They are not earbuds - they are in-ear monitors (IEMs). IEMs provide superior isolation to earbuds due to the seal created in the ear canal. I'd write a longer post but I'm on my iPhone and very tired.

If you're feeling curious, check out www.head-fi.org - there are some very intelligent and helpful people on that site.

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yes! My other favorite forum. LOL. Which is exactly why I've been eyeing the S4i IEMs.

13. MKang25 macrumors regular

IF you are looking for sound quality the S4i are not that good. In that price range check out the HiFima RE0

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

1+ but it not worth your time if he doesn't understand there is stuff much better IEMs off buying earbuds or Marshmallows.

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'm aware of the HiFiman RE-ZEROs. They get incredible reviews, but iPhone mic and controls are pretty attractive on the S4i.

16. Claude626 macrumors 6502

I know this isn't exactly portable, but I've been using this to enjoy personal music at home. Coupled with a cmoy amp, it works wonders. I hear things I didn't hear before. When you crank up the volume to hear the lower sound, generally crappy headphones will produce so much static that it masks the lower sound. These pair are dead silent even at high volume, so all the lower sounds comes through clear and crisp.

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280033010&sr=8-1

17. hoonu macrumors regular

Anyone have any recommendation on IEMs with control (pref) that will hold up to some sweat? I plan on using them at the gym on a daily basis.

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

seriously check out www.head-fi.org it's a hard core Audiophile forum also you can spend between $20-$100 for IEMs so depends on what ya want to spend. and more $$ doesn't always mean better. Shure, klipsch, V-MODA, Bose, Ultimate Ears are a few of many brands

my only concern here is while I like the S4I is sometimes you sacrifice better sound for the mic and controls. Also the Iphone can recognize if you have headphones with no mike and allow you to answer with out unplugging. myself I'm finding the more I look the more confused I get.