Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
I am posting this because there is so much clutter out there.

I was going to move from Mac Mail to Outlook for Mac. I do not delete my mail from server, so moving the inboxes is as easy as programming the accounts, so that is done, what I needed because I do not have exchange or anything like that - that is synced with the server is to move my sent folders, I have 3 or 4 accounts.

Now it seems easy enough you go to mac mail export, it is supposed to come out in mbox format and when you go to outlook you follow the instructions and it is supposed to work. But sometimes it does not, or maybe it never does.

So what happens is the file you just exported is not a file, but a folder, you open it you should see a file titled mbox, now you need to append .mbox after it and you need to do it for every file in the folders you exported. And since all the folders are not properly named you would need to check and see before you move them to the appropriate send boxes (I separate all my send boxes). You would need to download the app below and run all those new .mbox files your created through it. Close and re-open outlook and now the import will work. It will see the newly appended files and import all that crap, and all you have to do it move them appropriately.

http://www.techhit.com/download/mbfr.zip

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.