Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Just in case anyone ordered Tiger and it never showed up on Friday, as promised, and ended up getting it over the weekend, they will accept returns, but they will also try to get you to ship it back at your expense. Simply ask for a FedEx Expresstag pick up and they'll get them to come get it for you.

I didnt even open the box. :rolleyes:

Just an FYI.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
iGary said:
Just in case anyone ordered Tiger and it never showed up on Friday, as promised, and ended up getting it over the weekend, they will accept returns, but they will also try to get you to ship it back at your expense. Simply ask for a FedEx Expresstag pick up and they'll get them to come get it for you.

Just an FYI.

i got mine today too. calling apple tomorrow for my free whatever. Going to give iWork trial a go today and see if i like it. i may try to weasel my way into getting something else though

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
iGary said:

Just an FYI.

Many retailers force you to pay for the shipping for non-DOA returns or even better make you pay for restocking. Why should they eat the return cost when there is nothing wrong with it? Seems unfair that you would expect them to pay for return shipping. Sounds like a FedEx issue if you didn't get it on time.

Good thing that you found the right term to ask for to get out of the $5.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
kingjr3 said:
Many retailers force you to pay for the shipping for non-DOA returns or even better make you pay for restocking. Why should they eat the return cost when there is nothing wrong with it? Seems unfair that you would expect them to pay for return shipping. Sounds like a FedEx issue if you didn't get it on time.

Good thing that you found the right term to ask for to get out of the $5.

no it's apple's fault he didn't get it on time. they didn't ship his or mine on time. mine didn't ship until 6:00pm on friday. got it today. i ordered it within 4 hours of it being available for preorder, i believe he ordered his before i did. there's a lot of users who did not get their preorders on time. people who preordered a week ago got theirs, but those who ordered before them didn't get their copies until today. hence apple is offering compensation for those who did not get it on time.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
DXoverDY said:
no it's apple's fault he didn't get it on time. they didn't ship his or mine on time. mine didn't ship until 6:00pm on friday. got it today. i ordered it within 4 hours of it being available for preorder, i believe he ordered his before i did. there's a lot of users who did not get their preorders on time. people who preordered a week ago got theirs, but those who ordered before them didn't get their copies until today. hence apple is offering compensation for those who did not get it on time.

Well if its their mistake, then they should pay. Guess that wasn't so clear in the first post.

But man, a whole (business) day late isn't the end of the world you know ;)

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
I got Apple to cover my return shipping. They didn't give me a hard time about it, but said I would not be eligible for other compensation. After spending hours on the phone with them over the past couple days, I just wanted to have closure, even though I feel they owe me more.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
kingjr3 said:
Well if its their mistake, then they should pay. Guess that wasn't so clear in the first post.

But man, a whole (business) day late isn't the end of the world you know ;)

ya but it's not cool to allow preorders and then not go down the list in order and ship that way. no no, they shipped to people who ordered the previous day ship before mine and his. that's pathetic man. it's not that it was a business day late, it's that they said april 29th, and then we both ordered within hours of it being available and they couldn't follow through. it's the principle behind it, not the day late thing.

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
Even worse was that these late shipments were a widespread problem. They knowingly shipped hundreds if not thousands of packages with 2-day shipping on April 28, knowing damn well they couldn't possibly arrive on April 29, yet they kept reassuring people that they would arrive on time as promised. What a load of crap! Apple had 2 weeks to make sure these packages gout out the door in time, yet many people who placed orders on April 12 didn't have their packages shipped out until after it was physically impossible to deliver on time. Apple needs to seriously evaluate their shipping procedures.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Since I pre-ordered my copy early and didn't get it Friday, i used my friends Boxed copy disk to install Tiger on my computer..

Illegal?

Not quite sure, but my box arrived today, so I do technically have a license now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.