FYI There are 2 in-store reservation pickup options

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SamIchi, Sep 12, 2015.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

For those who want to forego ordering online, or aren't able to get the one they want via online, you can do in-store pickup where you reserve a time slot to go pickup. I did this after Sprint locked me out because I'm on a family plan and I'm not the admin for the account.

So there are 2 different time reservation options. Both are in-store, but one is for the Apple Upgrade program, and the other is to buy full price/carrier upgrade.

Apple Upgrade:
    http://c.apple.com/r?v=2&la=en&lc=u...mbiDXmCpoSBUqprUzUqTQ6tXrI/ff2G&ct=aR4e0B3M9k

Full Price/Carrier Upgrade:
    You just go through the product page and after you select all your options, there's a button right under continue that says "Reserve to buy in store". It wil show full price without carrier option, but it says on the next page "Price may vary based on the carrier you choose and your upgrade eligibility." So I assume carrier upgrades are done in-store.

I reserved the same time for both. I didn't realize there were 2 different pages. I wanted carrier upgrade. I don't know if they'll just lump people together anyways, but just to be sure.

2. hashholly macrumors 6502

As long as you didn't pay and select store checkout, inshore you can do either the apple upgrade program or full price/carrier upgrade.

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Ok, I wasn't sure because in the Apple Upgrade link, it assumes you want to the Apple Upgrade plan. I assume the reservation slots are for both.

4. hashholly macrumors 6502

I think they only reason they separate them is it prepares the apple rep that will help you in store to know what you want (aka the apple upgrade program), but otherwise at the end of the day they just want to make sure they will have the specific phone you want ready when you come in.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

So pretty much at the end of day it's just a reservation for pick up and at the time of pick up you have the option to pay it full price or use the iPhone upgrade program?

6. hashholly macrumors 6502

Correct!

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Thank You Very Much~