FYI... UPS requires matching ID and destination address

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Yes you read that right. Just in case you missed delivery or wanted to pick up your package at the UPS hub... You have to have a matching address on your license and the delivery address you placed on the watch. They won't release it, they need to re deliver. I know it's stupid because how can they deny the actual owner u say? Well UPS said apple said so. I basically hung up the phone. Be aware.

2. vladzaharia macrumors regular

I've picked up things at the UPS center plenty of times, the only requirement they've ever had has been matching name. In fact, I know this because I used my Canadian driver's license every time I picked up from the Seattle office. There is no physical way for the addresses to match since they're in different countries.

3. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Here's what UPS says you need: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...requirements.html?WT.z_ctaid=InfNotPg_USEN_ID

4. noobinator macrumors 601

It's definitely dependent upon the person working. My ID hasn't matched my address for awhile and I've picked up 3 iPhones at UPS with no issues just showing my DL.

5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

6. meihcydna macrumors regular

Picked up my watch yesterday at an UPS hub in San Jose since I had my watch shipped there in time for my sister's wedding. They asked if I had proof at this address. I told them it was my sisters house and I was here for her wedding. She looked at me, said sign here, and I left with my package.

Maybe cause my last name matched my sister's at her address?

7. jzouvar macrumors member

You're an impatient moron. All you do is troll and complain on the ****ing forums.

FYI If you have proof of address through utility bill and your non matching ID they also will accept it.

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

It's very easy right, just any utility bill, bank statement etc and you have your package. Some people though love the drama.

Can't wait for him to get the ******* watch, so the complaints stop !!!

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

The weird part is that I was conferenced in with an apple rep and she didn't do anything... Amazing service UPS. Thanks

10. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

This is the type of thing that will be handled differently per employee you encounter. Especially one having a bad hair day.

11. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Lmao granted she has real hair...

12. DJ Lil macrumors newbie

You went to UPS to pick up your watch and you left empty handed? Maybe there is a god. /gigglesnort

13. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

uhm i said hung up the phone... well doesn't matter now. the watch is here.

14. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

The watch was here on the 24th.

15. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Those aluminums did...