Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seaswood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
What is a seven year old G-4 PowerBook worth?
Needs new hard drive, otherwise it is in very good shape the repair told me.
Charger plug etc. Maybe a battery.
2 GB RAM.:rolleyes:

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Need more info (year of computer, how much GHz, screen size, condition of case, etc) before we can give you a better price point.

I will say this, if the computer case is all good except for the hard drive and battery then I might say around a few hundred dollars.

Seaswood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Need more info (year of computer, how much GHz, screen size, condition of case, etc) before we can give you a better price point.

I will say this, if the computer case is all good except for the hard drive and battery then I might say around a few hundred dollars.

15" 1.5 GHz superdrive DVD drive wireless airport extreme, had a 80gb hard drive. & upgraded to 2 GB ram. Had to look up old paperwork.
Case is near excellent!, as the lady whom took out the drive mentioned.

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
Best buy is offering to buy my 2003 1.25ghz 1.25 gb ram 80 gb hd with charger and broken battery for $148 in store credit or around ~$90 cash.

Check out their trade in calculator.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Everymac.com

Around $400 in working order.

Or around $1000, depending on how you look at it. We have an original titanium G4 with a 400 MHz processor. It runs great in spite of being ten years old and does web, email and such just fine. The sum I came up with is how much it would cost to replace it with a new Mac laptop.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.