Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nope7308

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Is it possible to buy the G-Drive or G-Drive Mini enclosure by itself? I tried searching for an answer (and the individual enclosures), but I've had no luck.

I already have external HD's, which is why I don't want to pay for the 'full package' (i.e. enclosure and HD). Given that I'm limited to USB with the Alu MB :)mad:), I want the G-Drive for the following reasons:
- Solid build quality
- Quiet, fanless design
- No flashing lights/useless add-ons
- Nicely matches the MB

I'm open to the idea of a different enclosure if you have any recommendations ;)

Thanks for the help!

nope7308

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I wonder why it's so difficult to find a G-Drive enclosure? I thought I would at least be able to find a used one on Ebay...

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. That drive looks alright, but I really hate any/all lights (I find them very distracting - weird, I know). Also, how does the miniXpress compare in terms of noise? I presently have a cheap 3.5" all aluminum enclosure, but it does a horrible job of eliminating the noise of the HD. I'm also interested in both sizes (2.5 and 3.5), so I would like the same brand enclosure for both (e.g. G-Drive and G-Drive mini).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.