G-Drive External HD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nope7308, Feb 16, 2009.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Is it possible to buy the G-Drive or G-Drive Mini enclosure by itself? I tried searching for an answer (and the individual enclosures), but I've had no luck.

I already have external HD's, which is why I don't want to pay for the 'full package' (i.e. enclosure and HD). Given that I'm limited to USB with the Alu MB :)mad:), I want the G-Drive for the following reasons:
    - Solid build quality
    - Quiet, fanless design
    - No flashing lights/useless add-ons
    - Nicely matches the MB

I'm open to the idea of a different enclosure if you have any recommendations ;)

Thanks for the help!

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

I have looked in the pat and was not able to find the G-Drive enclosure as a standalone product. I ended up purchasing the miniXpress.

3. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

I wonder why it's so difficult to find a G-Drive enclosure? I thought I would at least be able to find a used one on Ebay...

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. That drive looks alright, but I really hate any/all lights (I find them very distracting - weird, I know). Also, how does the miniXpress compare in terms of noise? I presently have a cheap 3.5" all aluminum enclosure, but it does a horrible job of eliminating the noise of the HD. I'm also interested in both sizes (2.5 and 3.5), so I would like the same brand enclosure for both (e.g. G-Drive and G-Drive mini).