G Drives

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by M Powered, Feb 27, 2013.

1. M Powered macrumors regular

Anyone use these? I'm sure..

Any long term reliability? I read up on some reviews regarding the 2TB G Drives crashing after less than a year, kinda makes me nervous. Anyone have experience with these?

2. dmax35, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013

dmax35 macrumors 6502

I was dealing with a 2 brand new 2 week old 2TB G Drive failing to back up to Time Machine and unable to eject to repair the disk etc etc.

Wore the phone out with G-Tech support and returned the drive and replace it with a Caldigit 3TB AV Drive w/ USB 3.0 Card for Desktop.

3. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

No experience with the single drive units, but I love my G-Raids.

4. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I had a single drive g-drive external once... :mad: it broke and stopped mounting even after countless reformats when i would randomly get it to mount after minutes of trying to get it to work.

switched to a seagate recently... liking it so far.

5. FCPEditor35 macrumors newbie

I've also had good experience with the AV Drive from CalDigit. They have really good support. It's built solidly from aluminum, and up to 4TB capacity.

6. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

I have had very good experiences with G-Drives. They are professional grade hardware. As with any hard drive you can have odd failures and early failures, but G-Tech makes quality products.

Cheers