G-Map Update with Landscape, iPod Audio, Traffic Info, Contacts, etc.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Scooterman1, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I contacted XRoad (G-Map) Customer Support, and this is the response:

"Dear Customer,
    Good Evening.
    My apologies to you not replying right away.
    In next update in this month, there will be adding landscape mode, iPod audio (listening music while running G-map), traffic info, contact address, etc.
    We will post on our web site soon.
    Thank you.
    Best Regards"

I have known about this for a couple of weeks but thought I'd post it. Oh, and they had told me earlier that the Update would be FREE to current owners.

2. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

Don't believe it.

I don't believe it. I have the program and I am willing to bet this does not happen anytime soon. This is the most bargain basement GPS you can get. They can't even get me from point A to B over half of the time. Post a screen shot of the email.

3. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Yeh. They said they submitted it Aug 27 and we see nothing yet.

4. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I don't know what you're doing wrong. I LOVE this App. It is very accurate for me, reroutes very rapidly, has great graphics, streets labeled, and gives tbt directions in plenty of time. I DO have the iPhone windshield mount. For that, the GPS is only as accurate as the receiver on the iPhone seeing the sky. As for approval time, we know that Apple takes a LONG time on some Apps.

5. dlhammon macrumors newbie

Umm? Huh?

I just got an e-mail back from Xroad about the update. It goes as follows:

Dear. customer,

Hello

I read a article in Mac rumor forum.

We are sorry that there is some mistake about update.

There won’t be a update in this month.

There will be new G-map for US and Canada releasing in this month.

We will post on web site when it is available.

Thank you

Feel free to e-mail us if you have more questions.

Best regards,

My questions back were: I’m confused. Are you saying that there will not be an update of G-MAP US East? Are you saying that there will be a brand new version of G-Map for US and Canada? Will I have to purchase this or will it be a free since I already bought G-MAP US East? Will it have landscape, ipod access and TTS?

6. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

My previous email from them on Sep 4 states:
    [FONT=&quot]Dear. customer,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hello[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In next update, there will be landscape mode, playing music running a G-map, contact address, etc. Also it will in free to update the application.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for your e-mail and we will work to do as soon as possible.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Have a good day[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Best regards,[/FONT]

I don't doubt your email posted above, but it looks like you are being funny, or something. Why on earth would they be emailing you to tell you about something they read on MacRumors? Are you the CEO, or something? LOL Funny post.

I placed the 'free' in red bold.... the only change to their email.

7. dlhammon macrumors newbie

I had submitted a question online through their website a few days ago and got this response:

Dear. Customer,

Good evening.

In next update in this month, there will be adding landscape mode, iPod audio(listening music while running G-map), traffic info, contact address, etc.

We will post on our web site soon.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Then out of the blue, they sent me another e-mail which i detailed in my previous post.

8. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Interesting... and they all read as though it's the same person responding to the emails. The response (possibly to reading my post), sounds like there's some confusion on their end. It sure brings up the questions you pose.

And I still don't understand all of the excitement over TomTom and Navigon, except for the well known names, when G-Map is an outstanding App for me. And their upcoming additions will make it totally awesome. Unless they place that useless game module back in it again. LOL

9. dlhammon macrumors newbie

They just put G-MAP UK & Ireland out on the App store.

10. outcastrc macrumors member