G1 Sells 1 Milion Units.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goona, Apr 23, 2009.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I've never heard of an iPhone G1... is it new?

Seriously though dude... this is an iPhone forum... why do we care how many G1s were sold?

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

compared to the iPhone, that's not very good at all...they still a while before they'll ever catch up, if ever... but since it's the only device, the real numbers will come in once there's more devices.

I would really like to see Palm Pre's numbers once it's released... if it'll be a hit or a flop or not

3. Goona thread starter macrumors 68020

Goona

Why should we not care, it competes with the iphone, and before it's release, many were here saying it would kill of the iphone, well here we have it 6 months later.

4. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

By the end of the year, there may be 5 or more phones out using android os. If apple is not careful, they may face the win/mac battle again, this time via cell phones...

5. Goona thread starter macrumors 68020

Goona

We've been hearing about all these supposed phones that are supposed to be out and now we are hearing talks about netbooks, where are they, seems I'm not the only one who's skeptical:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2345788,00.asp

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30313661

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

7. megapopular macrumors 6502a

*Yawn*

I'm in agreeance with The Spaz for once...

If your post showed some iPhone stats to compare then maybe it would make sense... true, early on people were saying the G1 would be an iPhone killer but we all know it hasn't made a big splash. It's known that the original iPhone took slightly less than 3 months to hit 1 million sold, and that was without 3g capability. The G1 isn't getting tons of people to switch to T-Mobile for service (unlike iPhone) and isn't revolutionary like the iPhone was/is. Your post is just super lame... this IS an iPhone forum, you could at least give some commentary or opinion that is relevant to the state of the cell phone industry pertaining to the iPhone!

8. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

And six months later, the G1 apps have finally started becoming somewhat plenty.

9. Goona thread starter macrumors 68020

Goona

So what if its an iphone forum, don't people talk about other phones in here all the time, last time I checked no one forced you to read this thread, lol..:rolleyes:

10. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

The G1 is crap. Doesn't compare to the iPhone by any means. The app store is has so many useless items, much less than ours. And it's big as hell, and you have to keep it on edge or I'll be dead in 4 hours.

11. off in the wood macrumors regular

That's exactly what I say every time I read one of your threads

12. Drive4Ever macrumors newbie

heard about them when they were first introduced, but didnt know they made 1 millions sells already.