G3 Beige desktop help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maczen, Apr 16, 2007.

1. maczen macrumors newbie

My beige desktop is powering up and it chimes...not much else. I can't even boot from the CD. About two minutes after start up, I get a message in the top left corner of the screen.

install-interrupt-vectors, huh??
    bootr, unknown word_

I have tried swapping all possible components from another working beige desktop and I still get the same message. Does anyone know what this message means and is this a fixable situation??? Any help is much appreciated as I am completely stumped. Thanks all.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. alexprice macrumors 6502a

Sounds like funky firmware. Try PRAM reset. If you had changed all possible component then that should have fixed it. There must be other parts you haven't changed. You could be really unlucky had have one part that blows other. But the chances of that....

4. maczen thread starter macrumors newbie

5. alexprice macrumors 6502a

6. maczen thread starter macrumors newbie

I switched the power supply, ram, cpu, sgram, rom dimm, hard drive, voltage regulator...everything that I could take off the logic board and replace with parts from a working G3, I did.

7. alexprice macrumors 6502a

Everything but the logic board?

8. alexprice macrumors 6502a

9. maczen thread starter macrumors newbie

Please excuse me, I am very much a novice when it comes to these things. If it is a firmware issue, and I can't reboot from the OS CD and the reset button doesn't help, how can I fix this???

10. alexprice macrumors 6502a

What I mean is that the only way to fix this is by replacing the logic board.