Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
So I seen the G3 display in person, and i was severly underwhelmed, it looked washed out and for some reason it doesnt even look that sharp I swear to god! And for a LCD display it doesnt get too bright like a solid LCD should, anyone else notice this??

LG's Uncolorful and dead like UI and grayish colors sucks

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
Looked at the thread title and looked at the poster of the title and already knew what he was going to say.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Yes. Software over sharpening is the biggest reason why I didn't get that phone. It is simply atrocious looking on an otherwise nice screen (though colors and contrast could be better).

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Looked at the thread title and looked at the poster of the title and already knew what he was going to say.

What? What is that even suppose to mean?

----------

Yes. Software over sharpening is the biggest reason why I didn't get that phone. It is simply atrocious looking on an otherwise nice screen (though colors and contrast could be better).

This, it seems like its like oversharpened I swear , text in browser and just text in general dont even appear crystal sharp clear like the M8 or Plus or the 6

EDIT: I even found a article on this

http://m.pocketnow.com/2014/07/22/lg-g3-sharpening

People cant claim the G3 screen is superior, it isnt even really impressive at all

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2013
So I seen the G3 display in person, and i was severly underwhelmed, it looked washed out and for some reason it doesnt even look that sharp I swear to god! And for a LCD display it doesnt get too bright like a solid LCD should, anyone else notice this??

LG's Uncolorful and dead like UI and grayish colors sucks

Where did you see the phone? Was it a store model like at best buy?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I have to agree. All this talk about how great the G3 display was and I was completely unimpressed. And it's so dim. Like bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.