G3 dosnt turn on anymore was working perfect

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by G3 Ownz, Sep 2, 2007.

1. G3 Ownz macrumors newbie

My brothers friend gave him his old mac g3, my brother then gave it to me, it was working perfect but the only problem was the trey for the cds wouldnt open so i opened her up and tried to fix it. I thought i did it but when i put her back to gether she didnt turn back on!!! what could this be!!!

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

Did you ground you self? Static is the enemy of electronics.

3. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Is it plugged in? Even knowledgeable people have made this mistake at some point.

4. G3 Ownz thread starter macrumors newbie

YES it is plugged in lmao, and no i didnt ground my self but i didnt touch any of the internals only the drive.

5. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

if you mean you only touched the internal portion of the drive, then I've got potentially bad news for you - metal conducts electricity, and the drive's metal is physically connected to other sensitive parts of the computer. If this turns out not to have been the problem, then take heed before of this advice before it bites you.

6. G3 Ownz thread starter macrumors newbie

ok but what if that happened? is there anyway i no if its fried?

7. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Did you disconnect any wires? Something as simple as a loose cord can cause it not turn on.

8. G3 Ownz thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i connected all the wires again, does anyone have a diagram of the first g3s?? it would be helpfull