G3 Ram?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Macpropro80, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

I hate to beg or ask for stuff but would anyone happen to have any spare imac g3 ram sitting around? I would buy some but I don't want to spend my money on a computer that I only use for fun.

2. MacTech68, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Unfortunately, no. You need SO-DIMM RAM.

You really need to specifiy which iMac G3 in your posts. Yours is a Tray Loader, I believe.

Not having a go, but looking at other threads here some people offer suggestions that don't apply to your model.

:)

EDIT: This info may be helpful too
    ________
    starcraft II replays

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Anything bigger than 64Mb is getting kinda expensive these days. RAM prices tend to skyrocket again after the producers stop making it and it becomes more rare. I would bet someone has spare somewhere, but if you're wanting enough to make the computer "usable" then I would say plan on paying at least something for it.

4. gsmithp macrumors newbie

I've got a stick of Infineon PC133 sdram 128mb that my G3 was running fine on. I upgraded to 512 just today. I can't give it away but I'll put in your mail box for a $7 paypal payment to cover s&h. PM me for details if you're interested.

5. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

PM me, for some reason I can't PM you!

6. gsmithp macrumors newbie

Turns out I can't send pm's yet...too much of a newbie, yet Got to have 5 postings before they'll turn that on. But I did go in and turn on my 'receive email from other members' button so maybe now you can pm me.

7. California macrumors 68040

California

I've got a stick of 32mb PC 100 ram that came out of that very machine. Youhave two slots, let me know if you need it. It's yours for fifty cents for postage.