G3 to G4 upgrade help with connector

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fro10987, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. fro10987 macrumors newbie

    Jul 11, 2007
    I have a G3(OS9) and a G4(OSX). I would like to do away with the G3 and just use the G4 however I need to be able to plug in a security dongle to run a piece of equipment from the G4 that is currently run by the G3. The connection is a 4pin mini din (this is the old Mac keyboard plug on the computer) This connector looks like a S-Video connection but I am not sure if the pin wiring is the same. Does anyone have a workaround for this I have not been able to find a adapter of any sort via google. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Angrist macrumors 6502

    Mar 11, 2005
    MI or NJ
    Sounds like and ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) port, used for Mice and Keyboards and whatnot.

    You can get an ADB-USB adapter from Griffin, the iMate. It's rather expensive, but i've seen them for around $10 on ebay from time to time.

Share This Page