Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazzbum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2013
I have just switched my screen on an iBook G4 , and have a strange problem with colour. Overall it's fine , desktop , images are as they should be . But when I try using some drawing apps -Sketchbook Pro, CocoaPad-. the colour picker is unable to pick the true colour . This is very obvious with bright red which is shown on the wheel as bright red but appears in the "chosen colour" box as dull yellow-brown . All other colours are muted when I'm drawing. If I use the Spectrum colour picker in CocoaPad it shows the true colour , and draws with it , but when saved as jpg or png files images are reduced to the muted colours again . It does save true colours to gif files though.
I've tried running Colour Sync App , no change.
Any ideas? It happened in Photoshop and I got round it by changing the colour definition to RGB. Other programs (Sketchbook Pro , CocoaPad) don't have a preference pane for this. ArtRage is fine as it is.
The screen shows colour normally , I can change the display colour settings to RGB , Wide Gamut etc, but the colour picker problem is specific and dramatic.
Any ideas?

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2013
Pretty sure you can adjust the display color in System preferences > Display and I think you have to click on advanced or something like that.

ickystay

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
I had that happen once when I switched to a Samsung external monitor. Go to "color" in display preferences and check your profile. I forget which fixed the problem. No harm in trying different ones until you find one that's good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.