G4 ibook mail

la_russe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
something very strange happened in my ibook email program -- originally I had about 900 emails in my in box (for about the past 3 or 4 months, and they had been opened). today, I opened the program and there were only 119 emails, all unread -- I can't find the others -- where did they go? are they lost forever? Any insight is very appreciated. thanks, carrie

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
la_russe said:
something very strange happened in my ibook email program -- originally I had about 900 emails in my in box (for about the past 3 or 4 months, and they had been opened). today, I opened the program and there were only 119 emails, all unread -- I can't find the others -- where did they go? are they lost forever? Any insight is very appreciated. thanks, carrie
What type of email box is it. .Mac, AOL, who is the service profider for your mail.

la_russe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
varmit said:
What type of email box is it. .Mac, AOL, who is the service profider for your mail.
it's the mail program that comes with the ibook (G4) -- I use earthlink through it.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
la_russe said:
it's the mail program that comes with the ibook (G4) -- I use earthlink through it.
Is there a way to log into earthlink through the web and check your inbox ? Also, did you check the trash folder, or any other folders that are within Mail?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
mkrishnan said:
Is there a way to log into earthlink through the web and check your inbox ? Also, did you check the trash folder, or any other folders that are within Mail?
Yes: webmail.earthlink.net

That's odd though. Assuming you have the standard Earthlink mailbox limit of 10MB, you probably would have gone over your quota long ago, so I doubt there would be copies of all those messages on Earthlink's server. Sounds like a problem with Mail. Do you have a backup? If so, you should revert to that and GO THROUGH YOUR INBOX. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.