G4 iBook shell replacement

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by cygni, Nov 13, 2007.

1. cygni macrumors regular

cygni

I have a chip on the side of my g4 ibook and would like to change the whole case to something other than the standard glossy white. I recall there was a company that made really colorful (red, blue, pink) Macs, but can't find anything online. Well, I found one company (http://www.colorwarepc.com/) but they sell the machine not just a case. :( Anyway, I think they were painted, but by now I figure there has to be a company offering a way to customize Macs.

So, does anyone know of one? I would really love to make my ibook case light pink with a hello kitty theme, haha. No, seriously. :D

2. pbkiller macrumors regular

Well i dont know about the Hello Kitty Theme, but www.macstyles.com offer some cool color Vinyls to choose, and they also offer some themes and vinyls for the trackpad as well. Check it out....

Rob

3. cygni thread starter macrumors regular

cygni

Thanks for the reply,

I've seen the overlays, however, since my case is chipped, I do need an actual replacement to the bottom side. Was hoping that it is not unusual for people to mod their machines in a more permanent manner - guess not, though.

I may buy an old complete g4 case from ebay, have someone paint it for me, then have a computer store, geek squad or someone with the know-how replace the covers.

4. Kamikaze macrumors member

Someone on Flickr dismantled his/her iBook used alcohol to rub off the white then resprayed and dyed the plastic. It looked pretty sweet.

5. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Hey if you can find those pics that would be wonderful...

I've wanted to change the color of my iBook and don't really have a lot to lose in doing it :)