G4 Imac broken neck

Discussion in 'iMac' started by geekdude, Feb 5, 2014.

1. geekdude macrumors newbie

I have a G4 imac with a sick neck. Im looking for details on the fix that people talk about. apperently you can find a rubber or nylon washer of some sort and put it in there and fix it? people say there is a nylon washer that needs to be replaced. I have an older g4 imac with a smaller screen that I could swap the neck from but id rather not have to go through the effort if i dont need to. inside the neck of the imacs I found 4 bent metal washers that go under the wide head of the 3 hex headded tension bolt, 4 small rubber peices that go arround the tension bolt, 4 green nylon inserts that are set into the inside of hole that the bolt goes into and some black plastic trim peices that dont seem to do much. I havent found what I would describe as a nylon washer in either the bad or the good arm so im not sure where this washer would go. I have swapped both the nylon inserts, tension bolts and washers from the good neck to the bad neck and nothing seems to help. I can post pics if i need to

2. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

This belongs in PowerPC Macs section, this section is about the Intel iMac