G4 Mystic. Processor options?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by stuntmaster, Mar 22, 2010.

1. stuntmaster macrumors newbie

I have rescued a nice working G4 mystic.

its got 10.4.11 on it, 1 Gb ram, stock hard disc. I modified my spare radeon 9700 pro PC to a mac version and put that in. And added a DVD burner and enabled it.

current processor is a G4 Dual 450mhz. I was wondering what options I ahve got as regards to upgrading that. I seen a few on the internet such as ebay, like an 800mhz dual etc etc. but was not sure if this would work or not.

any help would be kindly appreciated, as i've never really owned a mac before so for me to understand as much as i have done thus far is good going!

2. DualShock macrumors 6502

3. dbculp macrumors member

dbculp

Mystic Upgrade

There is currently a seller on eBay with a lot of used Sonnet upgrades. I don't know if the seller or the products are reliable but the prices are attractive for your type of project: $100 for 1 GHz. Just search eBay for Sonnet G4 and check the listing to see if it is compatible with your Mac, that it is 100% working including all caches, includes the heatsink and a non-DOA guarantee. I purchased several used Sonnet upgrades years ago and they are still running fine.