G4, Power and imaging problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wcc22, Aug 24, 2009.

1. wcc22 macrumors newbie

I am using Power Book G4, 1,67MHz, 2G RAM.

1. The light at the connector of power supply to my comp has gone off. I was in yellow color.

2. I need to reset the time every time I on my comp. It starts with 12.00 am 01.01.1970 :confused:

3. I need to wait for about an hour or two after my last shut down (5 hours of operation in previous session) .:(

4. When I am watching youtube, seems like the image always come after the voice, and lagging.

Thank you.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Issue 1 could be a problem with the DC board which takes the AC power and charges the battery, or could an issue with the logic board and even likelier the adapter itself unless you have already tested with another unit and determined otherwise. Issues 2 and 3 are with the logic board more than likely. Issue 2 is probably related to the computer's logic board battery, what would be considered the CMOS battery on a PC, which lets it remember things like the system time and other settings. Issue 4 has many possible causes but seeing how the prior 3 issues seem to be with the hardware I'm gonna make a jump here and assume its hardware-related as well.