G4 Titanium Battery UK

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Godzirra, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Morning all,

I've had a G4 Titanium Gigabyte Ethernet donated to my collection, and the battery is completely dead. I'm after a replacement but as it's just a machine to play with occasionally, I don't think it's worth buying a new NewerTech battery from the US. I've seen a few threads on here, but nothing from this side of the pond.

Is there anywhere in the UK that does referred batteries or anything like that? I've seen certain copies of batteries on auction sites, etc, but i'm dubious when there are no comments, reviews, etc.

Any help greatly appreciated

Danny

2. Lastic macrumors 6502

I usually order from a guy here in Belgium macupgrade.eu who sells everything that macsales.com sells.

However my Newertech Powerbook G4 15" Alu battery came from these guys in Spain

http://www.macnificos.com/comprar-baterias/accesorios-mac-alimentacion-soportes

Their price including shipping was the same as the US Dollar price of OWC.
    They didn't have the battery in stock, ordered it from the US and then shipped it to me in Belgium for the same price in EUR as the US Dollar price without shipping.

Did involve some Google translating from Spanish but overal a very good follow-up and experience.

3. Godzirra thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link, but they don't do anything for the Titanium versions. G4 Alu and onwards unfortunately.
    The search continues.....

4. Lastic macrumors 6502

Did you mail them ? Mine was not on the site neither, I just sent them the Newertech model number and checked if they could get it .

5. Godzirra thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't do that, but will do now.

Thank you