G4 titanium dead after loading tiger for MACmini

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danny2drescue, Dec 14, 2009.

1. danny2drescue macrumors newbie

I had the great idea to upgrade my titanium G4 to TIGER,it had Panther & I never had a problem, the Tiger cd's that I was installing was for a Macmini not a G4 Mac book(don;t ask, long story) after installing 1 file/folder I ejected the cd. but now when I try to turn on my G4 Titanium after a few seconds the screen gets stuck on the window that read's LOGIN WINDOW STARTING, because I'm very smart(like u guys can tell) I loaded my recovery cd's that came with the computer ,but no luck , now will not eject the cd & still stuck in the same screen. If I can fix this thing I promise I never do anything like that again!!!!
    thanks for the Help

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Idk if its the same as now, but i think all install CDs only work on the model their specified for. So MB install cd for MB, MBP for MBP and so on. Also, im not sure if the oldie is like some of the newer ones, but upon start up have the click button held down and it will eject the cd. But like i said, not sure if it applies to the oldies.

3. danny2drescue thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. it worked ,I was able to eject the disc, so now I just have 1 problem still ,the computer gets stuck on the starting screen. it's like I have to delete the hard drive some how but I can't bucause it won't turn on,

4. j/k/Andy macrumors regular

Start it up in target disk mode (hold down T at start up) and connect it to another mac via firewire. You should be able to access the HD from the second mac. At that point you can format the disk, then insert the recovery disc in the TiBook and restart, should start the install processes.

or maybe just force it to start up from disc by holding down C during start up, with the recovery disk in the drive, this should bypass the HD and start to install program off of the CD.

5. j/k/Andy macrumors regular

6. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Installing from a retail cd should work fine. See if you can get your hands on a tiger retail disc if you really want to upgrade that bad.