Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Maybe someone can provide some info on this.

So my MDD is the only Mac I've ever had do this, but I'll hold down T, and a few seconds later it just cuts all power. Weirdest thing. Even going into System Preferences and forcing it to restart with TDM, power cuts off as well.

Any ideas?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I think it does that because the internal drives are set up correctly. Because they are not set up correctly, the machine thinks there are no drives connected and powers off.

robertdsc

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2014
I think it does that because the internal drives are set up correctly. Because they are not set up correctly, the machine thinks there are no drives connected and powers off.

This has happened to me as well. Check your drives' jumper settings and make sure that they're completely plugged in to the IDE cables.

harrymatic

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2013
United Kingdom
Are you using the flashed SATA card in this computer? TDM doesn't work properly for me either. I'm fairly certain it's related to the delay at startup while the Mac looks for SATA drives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.