Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeluvmyimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2002
The new trailer for Matrix Reloaded is awesome. I was excited about this movie before but now I'm even more psyched. You HAVE to watch it if you havn't yet.

Now the reason I say G4 with broadband only is cause this trailer is 100MB, 1000x540 resolution, progressive scan, 24 frames per second, "straight off the editing Avid," and "far surpasses DVD quality"

100 MB of pure goodness

For anyone that cares and even those who do not the dates are as follows:

• May 5 - Matrix soundtrack (2-disc)
  • May 15 - The Matrix Reloaded Release
  • May 15 - Enter The Matrix (video game)
  • June 5 - The Animatrix (9 anime shorts)
  • November 5 - The Matrix Revolutions Release

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i'll try it on my iBook just for fun. I love full res trailers except i'm gonan dload not stream jsut to be sure.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
wow thanks, i got the 60mb one and i thought it was the best, cant wait to see what this one looks like.

iJon

eyeluvmyimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2002
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
i'll try it on my iBook just for fun. I love full res trailers except i'm gonan dload not stream jsut to be sure.

lol let me know the results.

i ran it on my 800mhz g4 imac with 768 ram and it had trouble, video was in slow motion wheras the sound was normal, so it was at like 5 seconds lag and counting, so i resized it and it was fine.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by eyeluvmyimac

i ran it on my 800mhz g4 imac with 768 ram and it had trouble, video was in slow motion wheras the sound was normal, so it was at like 5 seconds lag and counting, so i resized it and it was fine.
sorta laggy on a 17" alubook, really unnoticeable though...maybe it's a quicktime thing

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by eyeluvmyimac

it did not work for me. I closed all my programs and everything just to maybe get it to work but it did not. I have 384 mb RAM i guess i'll just stick with the cool 600 one.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by ibookin'@mwny
Lags on my iBook 800 AND my iMac 700, although less so on the iMac. Bleh. Haven't tried it on my PC yet...
bleh bleh bleh
you can't even watch a friggin dvd on that iBook. let alone the matrix trailer
you are such a geek converted it to mp4 then watched it...instead of getting a smaller trailer...geek!

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by übergeek
bleh bleh bleh
you can't even watch a friggin dvd on that iBook. let alone the matrix trailer
you are such a geek converted it to mp4 then watched it...instead of getting a smaller trailer...geek!

i don't know about him but DVDs run great on my iBook 800.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
i don't know about him but DVDs run great on my iBook 800.
yeah, dvds played great on my old pismo too.

iJon

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
My DVD player works great on my ibook 500. Don't Hate on us cause we can't afford the big dogs. My tax return is going to be HUGE thanks to Bush's Student's credit tax cut (Thanks My man!). So when I get that check, I'm on my way to the Apple Store to stimulate the economy.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
My DVD player works great on my ibook 500. Don't Hate on us cause we can't afford the big dogs. My tax return is going to be HUGE thanks to Bush's Student's credit tax cut (Thanks My man!). So when I get that check, I'm on my way to the Apple Store to stimulate the economy.
thank god for adc discounts :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.