Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NIPRING

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Waukesha WI
Ok, i bought my PowerMac recently and it was without internal BT. I temporarily was using DBT-120 usb BT adapter. My might mouse paired fine. Today i installed this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220365024891. Restarted my mac, and while the BT showed up in the profiler, it couldnt connect to my mouse. I removed my mouse from the known devices and restarted again. Set up new BT device, sure enough there it is. Paired up, works fine, case closed. I unplugged my wired might mouse and went upstairs to put it away, came back down to my mac to find my BT mouse was not working. I've restarted my system about 6 times with no results. Again I removed my BT mouse from the list of known devices and restarted again. This time i grabbed my extra BT might mouse also and neither one would be found by my mac. I read a bunch of stuff from the apple support forums about various plists to delete but with no results. I'm stumped. Did i buy the wrong internal BT card? It supposedly is for my June 2004 PowerMac. All i did was plug it in and screw it down with the 2 provided screws. Was i supposed to do something else too? An antenna perhaps? Anyone know anything about this sort of thing?
thanks
Bill

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
I just use a little USB dingle. It works perfectly without any drivers. I found it sitting around, and it worked with no problems. I'm not sure what's wrong with yours. Maybe you got a lemon? Btw how do you like your g5? Is it reliable, has the logic board had problem? I'm thinking of using one as my primary compuer. It's dp1.8 ghz. Lemme know what you think. Thanks.

NIPRING

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Waukesha WI
I figured out the problem, i had not attached the antenna to the card (duh). And as far as how i like my G5, well after maxing out the ram, for me its quick as a whip. I'm very happy with it so far. I guess it depends on how much your going to spend. I paid $500 for mine and it included the X800XT Ati card and a Apple 20" ADC lcd. So i'm pretty happy :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.