Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmdezign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Trying to connect a Power Mac G5 to a 23" cinema display (the one with the turquoise frame). The cable from the display plugs directly into the video card without a problem, but when I power the computer the display remains black and the power button on the display (in lower right hand corner) does not light. Is there something I can do besides buy a new monitor? Thanks

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Trying to connect a Power Mac G5 to a 23" cinema display (the one with the turquoise frame). The cable from the display plugs directly into the video card without a problem, but when I power the computer the display remains black and the power button on the display (in lower right hand corner) does not light. Is there something I can do besides buy a new monitor? Thanks

Are you talking about the 23" CRT or huge monster old time Apple monitors that came in blue?

The only flat screen Apple display that was turquoise I can remember was a 15" DVI model that came out in the late 90's for the G3 Powermacs.

In either case, sounds like it's dead. Take a photo, of it, though.

jmdezign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Power Mac G5 & cinema display

Are you talking about the 23" CRT or huge monster old time Apple monitors that came in blue?

The only flat screen Apple display that was turquoise I can remember was a 15" DVI model that came out in the late 90's for the G3 Powermacs.

In either case, sounds like it's dead. Take a photo, of it, though.

The display is working. It is currently connected to a G4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.