G5 has that infamous Blue Screen (General Title - Please Help)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by JonZilla, Oct 15, 2008.

1. JonZilla macrumors newbie

Have been reading through post for about 5 hours now.
    My G5 2 dual. Running 0S9, no updates computer has never been connected to internet. Crashed in the middle of a session. I was using Logic Producer, and a minute after saying my mac has never crashed, my session locked up.

The computer froze and after waiting I decided to turn it off manually. Then i did the following: started G5 (no pops or beeps or anything, normal start) screen reached Grey apple screen (spinning timer). And then after taking some time reached a plain blue screen.

I've read everything from wipe your drive clean, to wait until something happens. Only thing that happens when i wait is my moniter goes into power saver mode. But screen stays blue.

Can anyone help, maybe you know, or know a forum that can help solve.

2. California macrumors 68040

California

Running OS9?

Maybe there is a problem because you are running in Classic Mode, not real OS9?

I've got a souped up G4 Cube 1.8ghz for you if you have to run OS9.

3. LaDirection macrumors 6502

What's your question? How to boot into OS X or OS 9? OS 9 never worked well, it freezes continuously, that's "normal" for OS9.

For OS X Reboot holding down the option key, select OS X and click the button to boot. If necessary, safe boot holding down the SHIFT key.

4. JonZilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow what an idiot am I.
    I was panicking so I rushed through my account of what was happening.
    I have OS X, and wrote OS 9.

When holding down shift didn't work, I held down option and was able to access a window that had an arrow and a clock. I selected the arrow and my computer booted right up.

I really appreciate the help. Thanks for responding quickly.