g5 imac issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jcenderle, Dec 30, 2013.

1. jcenderle macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I recently purchased a second hang G5 iMac. It is password protected so i have tries the command S, but when I do the fan gets very loud and it goes to a screen where you should be able to punch in letters and codes, but it wont record what i hit. I attached a file so you can see what the screen is saying at the bottom. I wantto get past this so i can use the computer. do i have to get a new harddrive or OS or something? when i go to the main screen is says OS 10.4.2 i believe is on it. I hope someone can help. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. cooloregon macrumors newbie

Just reinstall OSX

I there, If you received the OSX install disks that came with it, I would just do a complete reinstall. I believe Leopard is the last OS to be installed on a powerPC iMac.

3. jcenderle thread starter macrumors newbie

I only received the computer when I made the purchase. I had to buy both the keyboard and mouse and no discs accompanied it..

4. 2trout macrumors member

I think I have an old Leopard CD lying around, for the cost of postage, you can have it if you want. 'PM' me if you're interested, but I need to check my junk box to make sure I still have it. :)

5. jcenderle thread starter macrumors newbie

6. jcenderle thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a confession trout, I have no idea how to pm on here.

7. 2trout macrumors member

click on my name, new small window opens, you'll see several options, one of them is 'private message'