G5 is not recognizing Dual LG 22" monitors....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by FPARYAN, Jul 31, 2008.

1. FPARYAN macrumors newbie

Hello all. I have A G5 that I'm trying to hook up a dual monitor set up to. The Monitors are LG 22" flattrons. I have hooked up the monitors to an iMac as well as a Macbook pro with no problems. What i am running in to here is that the G5 will not recognize two monitors.

they are both hooked up to the DVI output of the video card.

What am i doing wrong?

There is no degrade in video quality with the two monitors. Refresh is fine. just can't get the dual monitor settings so i can have the main and slave set up....

any help would be great. and if i put this in the wrong section please let me know and i will be happy to move it.

thanks in advance.

2. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

did u check if the monitors are on digital or analouge digital is dvi and analouge is vga. and what happens when u just plug in one and can i please have the model. are they L204WT's?

3. FPARYAN thread starter macrumors newbie

The monitors are in digital mode. If i plug only one it acts as if it's just a normal set up no change.

I'm using the DVI inputs not the Dsub (vga)

They are LG227WGT units

4. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Are you connecting it to 1 DVI output or 2 on the video card? Which card are you using? The way you are describing it is that you only have 1 output. Therefore you will only see one screen.