G5 Leopard dosent see Pc's, MacBook does..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, Jan 3, 2008.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Ok. So I have a PowerMac G5 with Leopard (latents updates). Also a MacBook

I then have a custom PC and a vaio Laptop and Desktop.

The PMG5 see's the Macbook under SHARED. But not the PC's (their plugged into the same friggin switch (and this was no problem with Tiger)

The MacBook though (and ive looked at all my network and sharred setting and such) see's the PMG5, and the 3 PC's...what gives?

Im SOOO stomped. ive messed with every setting I can think of.

any help? cause now, im forced to put files on flash drives when the PMG5 and the custom PC are sitting on the same table...let alone the network no longer being a Network....

2. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

ok....hhmm. relaunching Finder wouldnt do it...I rebooted and now their on the network...

but if I change the DNS setting of my router, then it all goes south again :mad:

Edit:

yea, it seems like if I change my DNS setting on my router (and one would assume if, changed on the Router, this would apply it to all) but once changed, till there is no reset on a Macs, they still see the PC's but if you reboot the Mac, they stop seeing the PC's. They will then only see other Macs on the Network (unless, you turn it to the default DNS on the router, reboot and they will all play nice again....)