Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenryR

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2002
You guys are silly

I just had to register to say what I feel about this:

*learn the difference between what is posted in the forum, the gallery, and main page*

Now, I see many stupid posts by people at MR, and would you like to be represented by that? No! And should you be? No! The forums are for individuals..

Just because it is in the SM forums or gallery does not mean it comes from SM.. Do you guys really not know that? Because the way you talk you could fool me.

If someone posts something at the AtAT forums do you say "AtAT says.."??

Sorry, but this really bugs me as I have seen it done many many times, and towards posts at MR too.

PLEASE PEOPLE

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
While I agree in concept with what you say, it still sounds like a defense of SpyMac... and that is just never gonna fly with me, or most anyone with a memory undiminished by drugs or brain damage. We're talking about SPYMAC.. the people that swore up and down the iWalk was real.. and posted reasoned (in a fashion) arguments as to why it MUST be real. People who defend SpyMac remind me of people who still talk about how crop circles couldn't be man made. The term I prefer is "inbred, hillbilly, unteachable stupid."

Pants

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by IndyGopher
While I agree in concept with what you say, it still sounds like a defense of SpyMac... and that is just never gonna fly with me, or most anyone with a memory undiminished by drugs or brain damage. We're talking about SPYMAC.. the people that swore up and down the iWalk was real.. and posted reasoned (in a fashion) arguments as to why it MUST be real. People who defend SpyMac remind me of people who still talk about how crop circles couldn't be man made. The term I prefer is "inbred, hillbilly, unteachable stupid."

*ahem* something similar was posted at slashdot *ahem*

i

HenryR

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2002
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "inbred" etc.. you're referring to REAL people -- yes think about it - real people, I'm sure with families, emotions etc run spymac. You can criticize SM for the iWalk as long as you want, but many others have gotten over it... please don't criticize those people (like me and my wife).

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Originally posted by HenryR
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "inbred" etc.. you're referring to REAL people -- yes think about it - real people, I'm sure with families, emotions etc run spymac. You can criticize SM for the iWalk as long as you want, but many others have gotten over it... please don't criticize those people (like me and my wife).
Don't criticize which people? The people who post stories like the iWalk and then stand there pounding on their chests defending the veracity of them, or the people who are inbred? I can see how belittling someone for being inbred is unfair, as they obviously had no control over it.. so I will apologize to anyone who took offense at the inbred comment. I won't apologize for belittling SpyMac. I don't care that they posted the iWalk story. I don't really even care that they repeated again and again how it was the gospel truth.. when I minded was that when it repeatedly was shown to be fake, and never materialized, they said in one breath how they got taken in by a fake (hey, it happens, no harm done) and then in the next they would say that it was STILL a real project and was just delayed. I am not talking about users comments in the forums, I mean real "news" posts on the main site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.