Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
New York
does anyone know when they will be in apple stores? if they are, are they only in select stores? and when will they be at the palisades:p

alphaone

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2003
You'll probably start seeing them in all apple stores around the time that they start shipping.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I went to the apple store tonight and asked this very same question.

The response:

"we're hoping the end of next week, but no promises....."

There you have it :D

D

alphaone

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2003
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
I went to the apple store tonight and asked this very same question.

The response:

"we're hoping the end of next week, but no promises....."

There you have it :D

D
Well, that's near the time that they start shipping so there you go.

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Was just at Apple Store Mayfair, in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, at the Mayfair Mall. Salesguy said 1.6 g5's were in stock, but no idea when 1.8's were going to be available. The 2.0's were scheduled to be available in a few weeks.

For those who haven't bought a desktop unit since the mid-90's (like me), the g5 is rather large -- a bit deeper front-to-back than a 17" NEC monitor if my eyeballing is accurate. You'll either have to get a new desk or find a way of sticking it on the floor below it if you intend on using your old monitor (and I think an adapter is available for VGA screens).

Waluigi

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2003
Connecticut
I called the apple store near me everyday for 2 weeks after the G5's 'started shipping officially', and every time, they said they would have them 'by the end of the week'. It's been almost a month, and they still have nothing.

I don't care, as long as mine ships when it is supposed to.

--Waluigi

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i saw a G5 ten days ago or so at an independent apple store in northern california, but earlier that month in southern california, they were will waiting for them in two locations (santa monica apple store and cal state university, san luis obispo)

i find it amazing that in september, there are still stores waiting for them...for apple to capitalize on this great machine to its advantage, they better get these things out

but starting at two grand, they won't really be that big in the home user market... but who knows, they actually may be a big hit there...17 inch imacs did well and so did 12 inch powerbooks and they are priced closer to the pro market compared to an entry level ibook or an emac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.