Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Gagne

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2001
Maui, Hawaii
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
Well heck why not just skip the G5 and G6 and get a G7 out...I mean that thing outta run at 20-30 Ghz. I can see it now...the first computer with liquid cooling...hehe

.......cause the G7 name is already taken.....the indusrialized nations call themselves the G7

DNA

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2002
Why???

Why is everybody discussing these jokes and no one the post from marco114? At least to my untrained eye it's interesting, considering the limited amount of freaked out speculations (like "they'll rock the boat and do seventy teraflops, burn holographic DVDs and come with gold plating as a BTO option"). To me the information seems quite possible, what do the rest of you think?

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
Re: Why???

Originally posted by DNA
Why is everybody discussing these jokes and no one the post from marco114? At least to my untrained eye it's interesting, considering the limited amount of freaked out speculations (like "they'll rock the boat and do seventy teraflops, burn holographic DVDs and come with gold plating as a BTO option"). To me the information seems quite possible, what do the rest of you think?

I don't know why this post didn't get much attention either. It's quite possible that an Apple employee have a private Hotline server. And the suggestions in the post are not too far fetched. There are probably two reasons Apple did not push out a new Pro line at MacWorld. 1. They wanted as much hype as possible for the new iMac. 2. Fast enough chip were not ready for prime time in big enough quantaties. I think we'll see a big speed boost in both pro lines in a not so distant future (Seybold being the latest).

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by Mike Gagne

madam, or tim allen, you might have tried too hard.....you are in the land of the macrabidfoamatthemouthwewantafasterG6andwewantitnow and the only thing they laugh at are the foibles of the PeeCee world. I thought you were hilarious.....

Thanks Mike.... I am glad I am not the only one on ground level here.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.