G700 mapping issues (Tried Steermouse)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Prodo123, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Hello!

I've put my trusty Razer Orochi to rest after 3 years of wear and tear. It's served me very well but I thought it was time for a new mouse, so I got a G700 as it's the best wireless mobile mouse I could find.

It's perfect; the buttons are great (except for G11 which is in a stupid place), the flywheel works fine, and it has tons of features like side scrolling that I missed on the Orochi. But of course Logitech doesn't officially have Mac support for G700.

Hearing reports of profiles transferring from Windows to Mac, I've mapped most of the keys to their rightful functions, except the thumb keys (G4-7) do not really work. They're currently assigned to forward and backward for G4 and G5, and Win (⌘) and Alt for G6 and G7 keys. But alas none of them seem to work!

I tried to use Steermouse since it's got good reviews. But first, it only does 125Hz tracking at 1600dpi (no way to give the mouse an actual dpi setting), and second, it gets rid of the battery check function of G8. Not to mention slightly unreliable and laggy tracking. So that was a no-go.

Does anyone know how to get the thumb keys working on Macs? Thanks!

2. Prodo123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I tried BetterTouchTools and it solved the G4 and G5 button issues! It was able to map them to their corresponding functions.
    But BTT can't recognize the G6 and G7 keys since the system only accounts for a maximum of 5 mouse buttons. How can I get these buttons to work?