Gadget Show (UK) - DSi vs PSP vs iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phil A., Mar 23, 2009.

1. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Just seen a snippet on the Gadget Show in the UK, and they did a head to head comparison of Nintendo's upcoming DSi, Sony's PSP-3000 and Apple's iPod touch (8GB) purely from the perspective on portable gaming.

The winner was (at least to me) something of a surprise - with an amazing 5 out of 5, the clear winner was......

The iPod touch :D

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Suposidly there is a new psp coming this fall. It will ditch the umd drive and add a sliding touchscreen cant wait!

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i saw a re-run of that show last night on tv. good result :)

the chaps main crit of the Touch was it's frame rate in games - could be a little faster and smoother. i cant disagree with that.

4. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

Apple is still new to these industries like mobiel phones and gaming. Considering how new they are, I'd say they are doing pretty well. They combined a phone, media player, internet communicator, and gaming device into 1, made it very functional, intuitive, and adaptable, and made it one of the best selling platforms out there. Not only that, but getting a similar device without the phone or montly fee out is great too (I love my Touch).

I have an original DS that I haven't touched in months. I've kind of out-grown Nintendo to a certain extent (barely touch my Wii either). I use them both occasionally, but aside from playing games like Brawl with other people, nothing.

I love playing games on the iPod Touch. There are thousands of them, some very high quality. There are tons of developers for the platform. And the device is getting better all the time. After this software update, the iPhone/iPod Touch platform is going to take a massive step in a lot of areas. I can't wait to see some of the new APIs put to work, as well as the third party add-ons.

The iPhone/iPod Touch as a gaming platform has a great future. I think I'll go play Fieldrunners right now :)

5. jasonleyam macrumors newbie

The screen sizes, multimedia capabilities and the new DS store seem to address the iPod Touch's advantages. iPod Touch is a great multimedia system and the DSi is a simple portable game system, the PSP has the best of both worlds with a lot more horsepower and some pretty solid multimedia functionality. The only problem with the DiiS is the screen resolution.

6. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

3DS would like a word with you..

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You do realise you are replying to a thread from 2 years ago ?

Anyone who has any interest in this thread has long since moved on..... :eek:

8. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

iPod Touch ...no contest

PSP and DS are just portable game players...
    An iTouch has much more capabilities and it gives the proprietor an aura owning an Apple Product.

Sony and Nintendo just doesn't have the magical brand name that Apple has

9. Ringo-Chan macrumors member

Ringo-Chan

my choices are ipod dsi then psp cause the only thing I like about it is because the vocaloid games are there