Galaxy 2 Worth the Contract Extension?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipodlover77, Sep 21, 2011.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Quick question for you guys. Would you use a contract extension on the galaxy two? Love love love my iphone but want to try something new. I'll be getting the iphone 5 for sure, whenever it comes out, just wondering if the galaxy 2 is worth the extension with the extra line i have.

only reason im asking is because im not sure if the galaxy 2 is a smart decision with the nexus prime around the corner, but who knows what carrier it'll be for and what date it comes.

i know its a little premature to think about that with the galaxy 2 JUST coming out on att (october 2nd) but extensions don't come around often! :p

any opinions would be appreciated

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

If you want it, get it. If you want a top of the line device wait for the Prime. If money isn't an issue, get both.

3. sk1wbw macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

It depends on if you like Android or not. Me, I hate Android. The apps suck and the UI generally sucks and it's a pain in the ass to use. I wouldn't do it. It' buy a top of the line Android phone from eBay to avoid a contract extension.

4. aohus macrumors 68000

no.

i'd wait for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus coming Nov 3, 2011 on VZW.

Not sure when it will be out on other carriers though.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Samsung Galaxy S2 is already 6 months old. It will be outdated soon especially since it's android.

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I simply REFUSE to buy the Galaxy SII since Samsung/U.S. carriers will have taken 6 MONTHS to get this thing to the states :mad::mad::mad:

Imagine the backlash and venom that Apple would get if they came out with a new iPhone 5 and said:

"You know what? Americans are going to have to wait 6 months until we finally let you purchase the iPhone 5. After 6 months and all the other countries already have it we'll think about bringing it to you..."

That's basically what Samsung and the U.S. carriers did with this the Galaxy SII.

Wait for the Nexus Prime (assume the U.S. doesn't get it 6 months late as well...)

7. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Samsung isn't a US company, so that logic is a little flawed. I'll grant that the length of the delay has been ridiculous though....with other phones on the horizon, I may pass on it whereas if it came out say a month or 2 ago I would have jumped on it with no iP5 imminent.