Galaxy Note 3 with sudden increase in battery life

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by McCool71, Sep 15, 2014.

1. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

A strange thing has happened the last couple of weeks:

My Note 3 used to have around 25-30% battery capacity left when going to bed (I charge it every night), but lately I don't think it has been below 40% even once the last 10 days or so.

I do not go to bed earlier than before, and the usage pattern should not be any different - I do 'the usual stuff' as I always have; some Spotify, some podcasts, light surfing to and from work, e-mail, taking notes in meetings and so on.

I also have a Gear Fit connected via bluetooth 24/7.

The only difference I can think of is that I switched to a new bluetooth stereo headset a little while ago (Sony SBH80 - good stuff!) since my older bt headset ended up in the washing machine.

Well, seems like I may have answered my own question here, but I am a bit puzzled that choice of a wireless headset alone could make a 10-15% difference in battery capacity at the end of each day :)

2. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Don't know a lot about Bluetooth but I believe different versions vary a good bit in power usage . maybe you switched to a device utiliIizing a newer version of Bluetooth?

3. McCool71 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think you are onto something there - my previous device was at least 2 years old an likely did not have the 'low power bt' (or what it is called) that most new devices have.