Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
UK
just noticed the price is down to £480 sim free. Tempted !

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Don't think I would trust them enough to buy from them, plus they don't have it in white.

I've bought a lot of stuff through them and never had an issue and others I know likewise. Plus I always pay via PayPal so always have an extra degree of protection. They're based in Hong Kong but ship orders in bulk to/from an EU sorting office the distribute them from there. It means you don't get caught for import tax / duty either. Much like how OnePlus distribute from Hong Kong.

Got my S5, Note 4, m9 and camera equipment for the studio so far... And saved significant €€ in process :)

Reactions: ozaz

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I've bought a lot of stuff through them and never had an issue and others I know likewise. Plus I always pay via PayPal so always have an extra degree of protection. They're based in Hong Kong but ship orders in bulk to/from an EU sorting office the distribute them from there. It means you don't get caught for import tax / duty either. Much like how OnePlus distribute from Hong Kong.

Got my S5, Note 4, m9 and camera equipment for the studio so far... And saved significant €€ in process :)

What happens if you have a problem though? What's their support like?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
What happens if you have a problem though? What's their support like?

My note 4 had a issue with SIM card reader. I just rang Samsung UK & Ireland and they dealt with it without issue. They just registered device to me with SN & IMEI and there was no issue with warranty repair. They collected and then returned it after repair centre had fixed, all within Ireland. I'm didn't deal with eGlobal at all for the fix - just cut the middleman out of it and rang Samsung support direct.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
My note 4 had a issue with SIM card reader. I just rang Samsung UK & Ireland and they dealt with it without issue. They just registered device to me with SN & IMEI and there was no issue with warranty repair. They collected and then returned it after repair centre had fixed, all within Ireland. I'm didn't deal with eGlobal at all for the fix - just cut the middleman out of it and rang Samsung support direct.

Hmm still would want one in white which that site doesn't sell, and would still feel more comfortable buying from Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hmm still would want one on white which that site doesn't sell, and would still feel more comfortable buying from Amazon.
One tip then is to also look at other Amazon stores, not just co.uk

Sometimes you can get cheaper for Amazon.de / .it / .fr

Also sterling is very strong against euro so it's definitely worth looking at the European stores.

I got the Note Pro 12.2 for €100 less than Amazon.co.uk by ordering it on Amazon.de

I think Note 4 on de works out £415 - so much the same.

Reactions: ozaz and apolloa

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
One tip then is to also look at other Amazon stores, not just co.uk

Sometimes you can get cheaper for Amazon.de / .it / .fr

Also sterling is very strong against euro so it's definitely worth looking at the European stores.

I got the Note Pro 12.2 for €100 less than Amazon.co.uk by ordering it on Amazon.de

I think Note 4 on de works out £415 - so much the same.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Yeah it's a handy tip even for things like videogames etc ... For example I was going to get that new Lego Dimensions when it comes out.

In Gamestop Ireland it's €150 for the starter pack and €40 per level pack

It's around £85-90 (€135-140) and around £27 (€45) for level packs on Amazon UK.

Yet Amazon.de it's €99 for starter pack and €29.99 for the level packs. Free shipping too.

Big savings difference just by shopping around and remembering were in a European free market :)

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
With Android 5.1.1 coming soon for the International Note 4s, I say go for it.

This is still such a beast of a device, I am actually considering staying with it and just getting a 128GB MicroSDXC for it if the Note 5 doesn't have a 4100mAh batt and 128GB variant.
The Snapdragon 805 continues to run without overheating, which the same cannot be said for most new flagships and their problematic Snapdragon 810s.

Absolute bargain. :)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
With Android 5.1.1 coming soon for the International Note 4s, I say go for it.

This is still such a beast of a device, I am actually considering staying with it and just getting a 128GB MicroSDXC for it if the Note 5 doesn't have a 4100mAh batt and 128GB variant.
The Snapdragon 805 continues to run without overheating, which the same cannot be said for most new flagships and their problematic Snapdragon 810s.

Absolute bargain. :)

Yeap, that's what I plan to do, its a total steal if a bargain, I can get brand new a flagship Samsung phone for around £400, the only way you can buy an iPhone 6 Plus for that much is second hand, maybe on the refurb store but I think they still cost more.
A very good bargain in today's world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.